Upgrade from NADA 4.2 to 4.3¶
The upgrade includes changes to the theme and will not work with your existing NADA 4.2 theme.
1. Apply patch to upgrade¶
- Make a backup of your existing NADA folders. If complete backup is not possible, at least backup the “Application” and “Themes” folder
- Download the patch zip file: http://ihsn.org/download/nada42-to-43-update.zip
- Unzip the patch files in the NADA root folder to replace existing files
- Run this query on the database to add the new “Open data” access type
INSERT INTO forms VALUES (7,’Open access’,’open’,’open’,‘1’);
2. Update Theme/template¶
The default theme has changed in NADA. This is a major change and will break your existing website layout/theme. To upgrade you theme, please follow the steps below:
2.1. Website using the default theme “WB”:¶
Edit the application/config/template.php and change the default theme name to “wb2” instead of “wb”
2.2. Websites with heavily customized theme¶
- Backup your theme folder
- Make a copy of the themes/wb2 folder to create a new theme folder
- Apply all the customizations (header, footer, styles, etc) to your copy of the wb2 theme.
- Update the application/config/template to use your new theme.